To make sure your resource is clearly targeted, you might like to keep the following questions in mind as you write and edit:
- Do you have a clear aim?
- Is your target audience clear?
- Is your resource easy to read?
- It your resource well-organised, and nicely designed?
- Is your resource targeted at the intended audience?
- Is the content balanced and unbiased?
- Is any critical information missing?
- Does the draft contain any factual or grammatical errors?
- Is the language appropriate for your audience?
- Does the resource promote any harmful or inappropriate behaviours?
- Does the resource feature practical information that can be implemented straight away?
- Is information specific to how the child protection system works at present?
- Have you included ideas to help solve a problem?
- Does the resource help to dispel myths and misconceptions about the child protection system?
- Is the publication date clear?
- Have you included sources to establish the credibility of the information?
- Does the resource refer readers to other support services or further information?
Note: please refer to your organisation’s procedures in relation to any disclaimers, or legal notices such as copyright, needed in your resource.